Friday, March 26, 2010

Part 2: White // Blanc // Biały

OK, so this is a bit overdue, but I've been crazed lately and havent had time to post.

Kieslowski's White is definately my favourite of the trilogy. I don't know why. Perhaps its the nostalgia I feel when I see the Polish setting. The film was made in 1993, and still very little has changed in the country. Perhaps it's the fact that I identify with the Karol, the main character, a immigrant who has trouble making a life in France due to the language barrier. There are many other 'perhaps'es that I could mention. In short, I love this film.

Julie Delpy is my idol
The score is magical (like in the other films)
And, well, just check out the cinematography, the use of light and the repetition of 'white'...


"Mikolaj, wszyscy cierpia."
"Tak, ale ja chcialem mniej"

No comments:

Post a Comment